- The Show
- The Tribe
- The Buzz
WHAT WE DO
We Are Africa is far more than a trade event. Each year brings a carefully curated selection of high-end travel brands, world-class buyers and top international press, united by their passion for Africa. Together, our tribe is challenging outdated, negative and monotone perceptions of the continent through travel.
In demonstrating the uniqueness of each African country, we stand united in diversity. Because we are Not One Story. We Are Africa.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re on the hunt for travel brands who stand apart from the crowd, thanks to their determination to tell their individual stories of Africa in a way that resonates with today’s high-end traveller. If you think you fit the bill, we want to hear from you!
HOW IT WORKS
|Late April - early May 2016||We Are Africa Pre Tour programme|
|2 May 2016||Arrivals
Conservation Lab & Conference
|3 May 2016||Up to 51 pre-scheduled appointments over 3 days
Daily networking lunches
12 dedicated networking breaks over the course of three days
|Awards Ceremony & Party|
|4 May 2016||Free Evening|
|5 May 2016||Closing Party|
|6 May 2016||Departures|
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Designed to provide a platform on which to explore the debates at the heart of African conservation, the Conservation Lab features an impressive speaker line-up of conservation and sustainability experts
- Created to encourage the tribe to consider alternative perspectives of Africa, the We Are Africa Conference features informed, high profile speakers telling their unique story of the continent
- Throughout the week you’ll be surrounded by the thought-leaders of the industry – what could be more inspiring than that?
- Our pre-matched appointment system gives you up to 51 20-minute meetings with some of the world’s most esteemed buyers of African travel over the course of three days
- We Are Africa buyers are hand-picked on the basis of their African expertise; their knowledge of established and emerging tourism markets; and their enthused approach to selling Africa as a destination
- We Are Africa buyers are senior decision makers – exactly the sort of people you want to form relationships with
- You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with travel editors of top international and African publications, who have an express interest in covering the many unexpected and unique stories of Africa
- Plus, three out of the four packages available give you the option to purchase an additional delegate from your company at a cost of £1,199 – that means double the networking power!
- Dedicated networking breaks and delicious on-site networking lunches throughout the day mean even more opportunities to connect
- Three evening events give you the opportunity to cement relationships with new connections and catch up with old friends
- The We Are Africa Innovation Awards celebrates those who are packing a punch for African travel in the global consciousness – it could be you!
- We Are Africa may be young, but it’s a movement that’s making serious waves in the African travel scene – joining the tribe instantly distinguishes you as an industry leader
- You’ll also receive your We Are Africa tribe member badge, which you can display on your website and marketing materials to let the industry know you’re an African travel trailblazer
- Plus you’ll have the option to take part in the We Are Africa Pre Tour programme
- You can also take advantage of our additional exposure opportunities.